I just realized that I hadn't done a post about soup for a while. Well, this has to be fixed. This soup is probably one of the easiest, quickest and most delicious of all the soups I make. Even Justin, who might not be the biggest fan of soups, loves this one! Delicious and silky cream of broccoli, only few ingredients, under 20 minutes... and surprise, surprise no cream needed. So it's not only good, but also good for you. You want to know where the creaminess comes for? Super fine blended onions, which were sauteed with a little bit of butter. I'm telling you, it will change your life.
* 2 medium broccoli, whole, cut into pieces
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3 tbsp butter
* 2 vegetable bullion cubes
* parsley for garnish
* salt and pepper
1. Boil broccoli, stems and florets, in salted water for 5-6 minutes or until the stems are soft. Drain.
2. Saute onions with butter on a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
3. Transfer onions and broccoli into a blender, add 1-2 cups of water and blend everything until smooth - you might have to do it in 2 batches, depending on the size of your blender.
4. Transfer into a pot, add bullion cubes and cook for 1-2 minutes. You may have to adjust the amount of water, depending on how thick you like your soup. Season with salt and pepper if necessary, garnish with parsley, and it's ready to serve.
I'm telling you, it's one of the best soups ever. I can eat it all day around. Justin's favorite way to eat this soup is to dip a grilled cheese sandwich in it... delicious, but for me it's just perfect on its own.