Monday, February 6, 2012

Go Giants! Go Giants!

   What a great game last night (at least for me)! OK, I was not a football fan at all until now. I didn't understand the game and didn't really watch it. But this Super Bowl was different, first because my husband's team (GIANTS! GIANTS!) were playing, and second because he gave me his old Giants jersey with my name on the back (well, with my new last name!).




   This was the best gift ever! People were making fun of me that I just became a Giants fan two days ago, but hey, I need to start somewhere, right?! So yes, I am a new fan, but that doesn't mean I can't be super duper excited about them winning!!! I loved watching the game, Justin kept explaining everything what was going on until I finally got a hang of it (well at least a teeny, tiny hang). The Super Bowl is not only about the game, it's also about the food. Usually it's not the healthiest food in a world full of fat, calories, and guilt. So I decided to change it and make a healthy version of the most popular Super Bowl item: chicken wings marinated in a healthy marinade and baked rather than fried. What you need for the marinade is:

*  Port wine
*  soy sauce
*  apple cider vinegar
*  BBQ sauce
*  Worcestershire sauce
*  Sriracha sauce
*  garlic powder
*  salt and pepper

   In a big bowl mix everything together adjusting the amount of each ingredient to your own taste. When everything is combined, add chicken wings, coat them with a marinade, and refrigerate over night. When you are ready to entertain, spread wings in a single layer onto a baking dish and bake at 350F for one hour.




   They come out super tender, juicy, and flavorful. When the game is a real "nail biter" like the one last night make sure you have something to bite on, and what can be better than a bowl of healthy delicious wings.... a super bowl of chicken!

Enjoy.
Magda.

No comments:

Post a Comment