Thursday, September 6, 2012

Giada-inspired.

   Well, probably I should say Giada-copied, not inspired, because I basically copied the entire recipe step by step. Everything she cooks seems to be so light, healthy and delicious, and I love to make her dishes. I think I watched all of the episodes of her show at least twice, if not more. This time I stole another of her ideas for a great appetizer for our "girls-night-in". I do have to warn you, that you probably should really like green peas before you make it, because you can really taste it (might be due to 99% peas content).

Pesto:
*  1 package frozen peas, defrosted
*  1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
*  1 garlic clove
*  1/4 cup olive oil
*  salt and pepper

Bread:
*  French baguette

Direction:
1. In a food processor, combine peas, garlic, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Pulse
2. With machine running, slowly add olive oil until pesto is smooth and well combined.
3. Slice the French baguette, layer on the baking sheet and bake at 400F for 4-5 minutes until crisp.
4. Top slices of the bread with pesto and you are ready to serve!




   It's sweet, it's creamy, and it's very light. The creaminess is perfect with the crunchy, warm, and toasted bread and a little bit of pesto goes a long way. I think it makes a great "girly" appetizer which perfectly pairs with a glass of wine...big glass of wine :).

Enjoy,
Magda

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Can I just ask how much is 1 pack of frozen peas in gr? Thank you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used 16oz bag. It makes a lot of it, but we had 5 hungru girls, so it was perfect :)

    ReplyDelete