Sunday, July 7, 2013

Small and cute!

   Going to a party and don't know what to bring? I'm often asked to bring an appetizer, and I will be honest that sometimes these little things are the most challenging. I always want to bring something new, something delicious, and something that everyone will like. This time I decided to make mini quiches - I love the big version, so I figured that small ones must be even better. You can make it with any ingredients you want, I chose broccoli and turkey bacon - I'm telling you, it's a delicious combination. Here is the recipe, makes 24 mini quiches:

Ingredients:

*  10 slices turkey bacon, finely chopped
*  1 cup small broccoli florets, cooked
*  1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
*  3 eggs
*  1 cup heavy whipping cream
*  1 tbsp flour
*  1 tsp curry powder
*  1 tsp turmeric powder
*  salt and pepper

Directions:

1.  Crisp the bacon in a pan - for around 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine together eggs, whipping cream, flour, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Whisk everything until combined.
3. Add cheese and mix together.
4. Into greased mini muffin pan put a piece of cooked broccoli and a teaspoon of crisped bacon.
5. Spoon the egg mixture into the cups - all the way to the edge, and bake at 350F for 20 minutes.




   Aren't they cute? I am telling you, there is no easier, quicker and tastier appetizer to bring to a party. They are delicious warm or cold, no need to worry about the serving temperature. Yummy!

Enjoy,
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment