Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pizza love!

   Anybody want another pizza? I know we never get tired of them, actually every Friday is pizza night in our house. I won't lie to you, most of the time it's a frozen pizza, but sometimes we get inspired and make our own (depending on how we feel after a whole week of work). As I said before, my herb garden is spreading like wide fire and I am always looking for exciting ideas to use all these herbs, so last Friday we made our own pesto pizza with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Great spin on a caprese salad (one of my favorites) and it let me use up bunch of my mint and basil.

Ingredients:

*  thin crust refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough
*  8oz mozzarella ball, sliced
*  2 medium tomatoes, sliced
*  1 tsp olive oil

Pesto:
*  1 cup fresh basil
*  1 cup fresh mint
*  1/3 cup pine nuts
*  1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
*  1 tbsp lemon juice
*  1/3 cup olive oil
*  1 garlic clove
*  salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Combine all the ingredients of the pesto in food processor and process until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
2. Roll the pizza dough, brush 1 tsp of olive oil on the top and pre-bake at 400F for 5 minutes.
3. Once crust is pre-baked, spread a thin layer of pesto on the top. Don't add too much of pesto, just enough to barely cover the top - if you have left overs use in on a sandwiches - delicious.
4. Top pizza with slices of tomatoes and mozzarella and bake at 400F for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.




   Do you see the size of this pizza? Well, let me tell you, it was so good that there were only two tiny slices left after we were done with it. I can't believe that we ate all of it, but it was so delicious that we couldn't stop! Fresh, aromatic and cheesy - that tells you all you need to know!

Enjoy,
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment