No not me, at least not yet, my mint is growing out of control! I really don't want to say that I have a huge bush, but seriously I have a huge bush of MINT (no dirty thoughts)!!! All this rain and warm temperatures are just perfect conditions for it apparently. I usually use it as an addition to my dishes or to make mojitos with it, but come on... how many mojitos can I drink? So I had to come up with something that will let me use a bunch of it at once and that's how I came up with mint pesto pasta! If you know me you know that I love, love, love mint and this dish just perfectly hit "the spot".
* 1 lb pasta (any shape you like)
* 2 cups fresh mint (leaves without stems)
* 4 plum tomatoes
* 1/2 yellow onion
* 1 garlic clove
* 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta until al dente.
2. In a food processor combine mint, 2 tomatoes, onion, garlic, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
3. Transfer pesto into a deep bowl, add 2 remaining tomatoes (diced) and Parmesan cheese, mix to combine. Add hot drained pasta, mix everything together and enjoy.
Even though it's nothing else but a bowl of pasta, it's super light and fresh! So fragrant and aromatic, and so different too! I recommend it to anybody who likes mint!