Saturday, April 14, 2012

Asian influence!

   We love Asian inspired cuisine and if we could, we probably would eat in Asian restaurants every day. There are many reasons why we can't make it our daily routine (the risk of not fitting into the door being one of them), so I had to come up with home-made, healthier version. It might not be authentic but it's definitely delicious! This time I made some sesame and peanut butter noodles with grilled chicken. Well, I don't know how figure friendly it is (with all this peanut butter and pasta) but somehow the ability to control the quality and quantity of the ingredients makes me feel better about it. Here is the recipe:

*  whole grain linguine pasta
*  grilled chicken breast
*  1/2 napa cabbage (chopped)
*  1 red bell pepper (chopped)
*  3-4 scallions (chopped)
*  1/2 cup peanuts
*  1/4 cup chopped cilantro
*  1/4 cup sesame seeds

Sauce:

*  1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
*  3 tbsp soy sauce
*  2 tbsp rice vinegar
*  1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
*  1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
*  1 tbsp honey
*  2 tbsp sesame oil
*  zest and juice of 1/2 lime

   Place the peanut butter in a bowl and microwave to soften (10-15 seconds). Whisk in with the soy sauce, vinegar, canola oil, ginger, honey, sesame oil, lime zest, and juice. Thin with warm water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed (dressing should be thick, but pourable). Combine together cooked pasta, chicken, napa cabbage, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, peanuts, and half of the sesame seeds. Pour the dressing in, mix everything together, sprinkle with the rest of the sesame seeds, and delicious dinner is ready.




   I don't even know where to start with describing all the flavors and textures this dish has. Sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy, you name it, you got it! I can't decide which one is my favorite. I want to say sesame oil, but then I remember there is peanut butter and honey, and lime juice, and peanuts, and bell peppers, I'm losing my mind! I love them all!!!

Enjoy.
Magda.

No comments:

Post a Comment