Friday, April 27, 2012

Chicken salad with a kick!

   I think it's high time for one of my own creations. I don't even remember how I came up with this one, I guess it just seemed like the perfect combination. Chicken salad between two slices of bread is not something I grew up with, but I do have to admit that it's a great invention! You can add any ingredient you want and give it your own spin. Some time ago I posted an avocado chicken salad, which I found in "Everyday Food" magazine, and this time I came up with my own version with vegetables and curry sauce! What you need is:

*  2 chicken breasts (poached and shredded)
*  2 celery sticks (chopped)
*  4 scallions (chopped)
*  1 cup raisins
*  1/4 red onion
*  1/2 cup chopped parsley

Sauce:

*  1 cup fat-free yogurt
*  2 tbsp yellow mustard
*  2-3 tbsp curry powder
*  salt and pepper

   In a bowl whisk all the ingredients of the sauce, add chicken, celery, raisins, scallions, onion, and parsley, mix everything together, and it's done. I like to serve it with pumpernickel bread.





   It's creamy, crunchy, sweet, and spicy at the same time. You don't even need a bread but it definitely doesn't hurt!

Enjoy.
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment