Friday, March 2, 2012

Sunshine in a bowl.


   You know what time it is? It's time for another soup recipe! Since Justin was out of town for the entire week I took it easy on cooking and I made a huge pot (almost a bathtub) of creamy cauliflower and potato soup and I had it for dinner every night. I made it thick, rich, and flavorful so it can satisfy my evening hunger and comfort me since there is nobody to cuddle with (and Spikey just can't handle all this "love" I'm giving him). The list of ingredients is:

*  1 cauliflower (florets)
*  2 medium potatoes
*  2 carrots
*  1 onion
*  vegetable broth
*  1 tsp curry powder
*  1 tsp turmeric
*  lemon zest
*  lemon juice (from half a lemon)
*  chopped parsley
*  salt and pepper

   Chop all of the vegetables and cook them with the vegetable broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and all the spices. Adjust the amount of broth depending on how thick you want your soup to be, I usually add enough liquid to cover all the vegetables. Cook everything for 15-20 minutes until the veggies are tender (but not mushy) and then blend everything with an emulsion blender, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and it's ready to serve.




   Cauliflower and carrots make it healthy, potatoes make it creamy, curry makes it warm and comfy, turmeric makes it sunny, and lemon makes it zesty and refreshing! If it's not quite satisfying enough you can always serve it with a grilled cheese or turkey sandwich and you have a great dinner.

Have fun.
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment