Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Got rosemary?

   I think Justin and I are really getting used to the breakfast muffins, and nothing else seems to be satisfying anymore. I usually make enough muffins to last us from Mon through Fri and to avoid monotony I am trying to come up with new flavors each week. This time it came to me when I was weeding my garden and trying to maneuver around a huge rosemary plant. I was thinking what can I use rosemary for rather than in meat and potato dishes, and I thought that rosemary muffins sound like an interesting idea. I also had some sun dried tomatoes in my pantry, so why not throw them into the party as well? Here is the recipe:

*  2 cup all-purpose flour
*  1 tbsp baking powder
*  1/4 cup light brown sugar
*  1 tsp salt
*  1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
*  1 cup fat-free buttermilk
*  2 eggs
*  1 stick of butter (melted and cooled)
*  2 tbsp chopped rosemary
*  1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes

1. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, rosemary, tomatoes, and whisk everything together
2. In a separate bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and cheese, add it all to the dry ingredients and mix until combined
3. Scope the batter into the muffin pan (lined with paper muffin cups) and bake at 400F for 20 minutes




   I'm not going to write much about them. I think Justin summarized it all very well by saying "wow, those are your best muffins yet"! What can I say, the man likes my muffins!!!

Smacznego.
Magda.


No comments:

Post a Comment