Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lunch be gone!

   You probably wonder what's with this weird title! Well, normally when I cook during the week, I make 4 portions and we have two for dinner and two for the lunch next day. This time was no different. I decided to make this pasta with grilled chicken, which seemed like something that might be really good, and I made, as usual, four servings of it. When I was planning the dish, I was shooting for something quick and easy that I can make right away after work and I didn't really think it's going to be something super extraordinary. Boy, was I wrong! This dish turned out to be awesome! So simple and so delicious, with clean and vibrant flavors. We enjoyed it so much, that we looked at each other and just went "screw the lunches, we want seconds"! So that's how we ended up with no lunch today, but it was so worth it!

Pasta:
*  whole grain spaghetti pasta
*  1 red bell pepper (chopped)
*  1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (thyme, mint, basil, parsley)
*  1 lemon
*  2 cloves garlic (minced)
*  2 tbsp butter
*  1 tbsp olive oil
*  salt

Chicken:
*  chicken breast
*  chicken seasoning

1. Season chicken on both sides and grill for 4-6 minutes on each side (depending on the size). Set aside.
2. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
3. In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil, add minced garlic, bell peppers, herbs and salt (adjust to your liking). Cook everything for 5 minutes.
4. Add cooked pasta, squeeze the juice from one lemon and toss everything together to combine.
5. Serve pasta on the plate and top it with sliced chicken on the top.




   This is the perfect example that less is more. Only a few ingredients, but a huge amount of flavor. It must be one of the best pasta dishes I've created so far... I know Justin would agree with that!

Enjoy.
Magda.

No comments:

Post a Comment