So I am continuing with a "Peach Week" theme but no, it's not going to be another dessert! This time I made a savory, delicious pizza with peaches, Prosciutto and mozzarella cheese. Pizza is one of those super versatile dishes that can be made with any ingredient available and everybody can create their own (that would make about 7.031 billion different versions of pizza!). Pizza dough is almost like a clean board that let you discover your inner artist and create a real masterpiece. After making this one, I think it's not the last one from me, I just got inspired to create even more pizzas with all sorts of ingredients. Here is this one:
* thin crust pizza dough
* fresh mozzarella cheese
* 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
* 1 large peach (peeled and thinly sliced)
* 6 slices Prosciutto
* Parmesan cheese block
* 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tbsp butter
1. Melt butter and saute thinly sliced onions until browned and caramelized.
2. Roll the pizza dough, brush the top with olive oil and cover with caramelized onions.
3. On the top of onions layer slices of mozzarella cheese, peaches and Prosciutto.
4. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
5. After taking it out of the oven, sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Where do I start? Salty Prosciutto and Parmesan, sweet peaches, fresh cilantro and melted gooey mozzarella... do I need to go on? Such a great pizza.