Summer is coming to an end (I know, where did it go???) so everybody should take advantage of all the fruit we have around. It's ripe, sweet, fragrant, delicious and it just tastes the best this time of the year. If you don't consider a "bare" fruit as a dessert and you don't want to load up on a heavy cake, here is an idea for you. Try to roll it in rice paper, dip it in some strawberry sauce and here you go... fresh, light, fruity dessert is ready in no time! Here is the recipe:
* 10 rice paper rounds
* 2 cups rice noodles
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 1 lemon
* 5 strawberries (sliced)
* mango (cut into strips)
* 1/2 apple (cut into strips)
* fresh mint
* 4 tbsp strawberry preserves
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* 2 tbsp water
1. In a pot, boil water with sugar, add rice noodles and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the noodles, cool down and sprinkle with lemon juice.
2. Cut all the fruit, chop mint and arrange everything as an assembly line.
3. Soak rice paper rounds in very warm water for 5-10 seconds and transfer on a damp kitchen towel.
4. Put a little bit of rice noodles, 2 pieces of mango, apple, strawberry and sprinkle with fresh mint.
5. Fold in both sides and roll up tightly.
6. For a dipping sauce, mix 2 tbsp of strawberry preserves with 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1-2 tbsp of water.
Super fresh, super delicious and super healthy! Such a great summery dessert full of fresh and sweet fruit. You can use any ingredient you want, mix and match and I bet you it's going to be delicious. I think mint is my favorite part of this roll, it's so flavorful and fresh and it wouldn't be the same with out it.