You want to know what they are? Pickled Mango Pork Curry! Magical enough? Pickled - I love everything that's pickled, and now I have one more thing to love. Mango - the most widely consumed fresh fruit in the worlds, yes, that's true! Pork - tender and flavorful meat, very popular in Poland. And last, but not least - curry - a super fragrant and vibrant spice. When you combine all these magical things you end up with one delicious and exotic meal! Here is the recipe (serves 6):
* 2 lbs pork shoulder, cut into cubes
* 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
* 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
* 1 cup pickled mango (you can find it in Indian store)
* 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
* 1 can (14oz) whole tomatoes
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
* 2 tbsp garam masala spice
* 1 tbsp curry powder
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a Dutch oven, heat the oil and brown the pork.
2. Add pickled mango, ginger, curry and garam masala. Cook, constantly stirring, for 2-3 minutes to awaken the spices.
3. Add onions, carrots, tomatoes, salt (to taste), brown sugar, and cilantro. Cook for 3-4 minutes, add some water (to create as much sauce as you like), bring to boil, cover with lid, and transfer into 375F oven. Cook for 45 minutes until pork is tender.
4. It's the best served over rice.
Man, is that flavorful or what? Such a warming and comforting dish that takes you right to Asia (I have no idea if it's a traditional Asian dish, but that's where it takes me!). A little bit hot and spicy, but just the right amount to awaken all your senses without making you sweat! You can make it with any meat, but somehow pork is really good in here and just makes sense!