Finally I made a soup that Justin liked and "recognized" as a dinner meal! I'm still in shock... I thought it would never happen. It was my "little goal" in life to find a soup recipe that would satisfy my husband and I succeeded. It's a delicious and hearty soup, but I'm convinced that it's the name of it that convinced Justin... "Cheeseburger Soup". I know, probably I didn't play fair, but I would use any trick to make him eat more soup... even if it means making cheeseburger inspired soup! If the name doesn't sound too appealing wait until you try it. I might be bias because I have an obsession with soup, but you know it has to be delicious if Justin had a huge bowl of it! Here is the recipe (makes 6):
* 1 lb lean ground beef
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 4 celery sticks, chopped
* 2 carrots, shredded
* 3 medium potatoes, diced
* 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
* 1 cup skim milk
* 4 cup chicken broth
* 2 tbsp fat-free sour cream
* 1 tsp dried basil
* 1/3 cup chopped, fresh parsley
* 2 tbsp flour
* 1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a Dutch oven (or a deep pot), heat olive oil and saute onions and garlic (2-3 minutes).
2. Add ground beef, parsley, and dried basil and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Add carrots, celery, potatoes and cook everything for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add flour while constantly mixing cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add chicken broth and milk, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
6. Add cheddar cheese and sour cream, bring to boil, turn off the heat and let it stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
I can't believe it, but Justin actually had two bowls of soup for dinner!!! Somebody pinch me! I had it for lunch and for dinner... it's that good!