I can't understand how someone can not like brussel sprouts, they are awesome! But it just happens that there is a lot of people out there who claim that they are not edible (I know a few myself)... and wouldn't even try them. Maybe they just never had them made the right way? I usually roast them or make a soup, so this time I decided to change things up and make a pasta dish. Shaved brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and a creamy sauce... if that doesn't sound good, I don't know what does!
* 1/2 lb spaghetti pasta
* 1/2 lb brussel sprouts
* 8 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
* 1 large onion, finely chopped
* 1 cup sliced almonds
* 3 tbsp butter
* 3/4 cup fat-free cream
* salt and pepper
1. Cook spaghetti pasta in salted water.
2. In the meantime, using a mandoline slicer, carefully shave brussel sprouts into very thin slices.
3. In a skillet, melt butter and saute onions, brussels sprouts, and mushrooms with a little bit of salt and pepper (8-10 minutes)
4. Add cream and almonds, combine everything to create a creamy sauce. Mix in cooked and drained pasta and serve.
Not your usual pasta sauce, is it? If you like brussel sprouts, that's your dish, if you don't... you may just change your mind after trying this one!