... pizza! Yes, we have found yet another pizza that we fell in love with right away. Actually, Justin found it by accident in a frozen section of a supermarket and took it as an "emergency" dinner! Little did we know, it turned out to be awesome! Chicken 'n Bacon Ranch Pizza... sounds good, doesn't it? Justin is so proud of his "finding" and he is not shy about bragging about it every time we eat it! Well, I do have to give it to him, it is a great find! I decided to make a home-made version of it, mostly to challenge myself, because you can find it everywhere and it's super cheap, but it's nice to make it yourself (and pile a mountain of chicken on it)!
* Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 large chicken breast, cooked and cubed
* 10-12 slices of turkey bacon, coarsely chopped and crisped
* 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 3/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing
* 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1. Roll the pizza dough on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and bake at 425F for 5 minutes.
2. In a bowl combine cubed chicken, crisped bacon, ranch dressing and half of the mozzarella cheese. Spread on pre-baked dough, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake at 425F for 10 more minutes (or until crust is golden brown).
3. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Do you see the amount of toppings on this baby? Oh, I wasn't shy about them... and that's the advantage of making your own pizza, you can "customize" it however you want to and you don't have to fight for the only piece of chicken that's on it!