Basil, lemon, and cardamon... how does that smell to you? If you don't know, let me tell you - it smells fantastic!!! Smells great and tastes even better. Check out my baked pasta with lemon/cardamon/basil sauce and delicious edamame for some protein. I don't know why I didn't create this dish earlier, it's definitely our new comfort food and I'm planning on making it very often... yes, it's that good! Recipe serves 2-6 and I mean it's big enough for six portions, but so good that two people could eat it at one sitting (looong sitting).
* 1 lb large rigatoni pasta
* 1 cup shelled edamame
* 1 cup fresh chopped basil
* 2 lemons (zest and juice)
* 1 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
* 3 tbsp butter
* 3 tbsp flour
* 3 cups milk
* 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
1. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
2. In a deep skillet melt butter, add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes constantly whisking.
3. Add milk, cardamon and a little bit of salt. cook (whisking) for 3-4 minutes until it thickens.
4. Add edamame and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, mix to combine, and transfer into a deep bowl.
5. Add basil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add pasta, mix to combine, and transfer into a baking dish.
6. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and bake at 360F for 25 minutes.
Oh, that fantastic smell... I think they should bottle it and sell it as an aromatherapy scent! The pasta on the top is crispy and browned and the deeper you dig the more it becomes creamy and cheesy.