Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Husband in the kitchen.

   Justin may not be the best cook, but the few things he does make are awesomely delicious! If I'm late from work or I don't feel like cooking, he steps right in and prepares one of his signature dishes for us. Today was one of those days when I had to stay a little bit longer at work, but when I got home I could smell my favorite healthy version of the Reuben sandwich! Rather then using corned beef he makes it with smoked turkey breast, fat free Thousand Island dressing and sauerkraut on whole wheat toast bread. The only splurge we allow ourselves is Swiss cheese.




   Man that sandwich is yummy! I could eat it every day!
   After this light and almost calorie free dinner we had some room for a sweet dessert. Last Friday I promised my  friends in the lab I would make a cake and surprise, surprise Justin absolutely supported the idea! I love when people like to eat my food, that's exactly what it is about, sharing my passion and making others happy! But I got so busy on the weekend searching for a paint colors for our bedroom (anybody wants to come and paint it for us?) that I almost forgot about the cake. Since I didn't want to break a promise I decided to make the quickest and easiest cake ever. I don't even know what to call this cake, but it's quite tasty!




   All you need is 4-5 apples, cut into small cubes and mixed with 1.5 cup of sugar for about 30 min. After the apples release some juice add 2.5 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp cocoa, 4 eggs, 4 tbsp of vegetable oil, 1 cup of walnuts, and 0.5 cups of raisins. Mix everything very well and bake at 350F for about 30-40 min, or until the toothpick comes out dry (you know the trick!).

Try it, I'm sure you will like it!

Magda

2 comments:

  1. Loved the cake!!! I will try it! Will let you know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Waiting for the result.

    ReplyDelete