Looking at the title (Ballsy dinner) you probably think we ate some crazy things, like grilled lizards or stuffed roasted spiders, but it's nothing like that! How about balls of meat stuffed with balls of cheese? What can be more ballsy than that? Lizards don't even come close, although that's something to think about for the future! And if you think that meatballs are nothing special and not good enough, wait until you try them with the sweet and sour pineapple sauce I made! There is nothing better than that! Here is the recipe for about 15 meatballs:
* 2 lbs ground lean chicken
* 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
* seasoned salt
* 2 tbsp fresh mint (chopped)
* 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
* 15 bocconcini (small mozzarella cheese balls)
1. Combine the meat with breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, and mint. Mix everything together.
2. To form each ball, take a handful of meat and wrap it around a piece of
mozzarella. Coat balls gently with some olive
oil, arrange on a greased baking sheet, and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and evenly browned.
* 1 can (20oz) sliced pineapple
* 1 small onion (chopped)
* 1 tsp ketchup
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tbsp light brown sugar
* 1 tbsp fresh mint
* 1 tsp fresh thyme
* black pepper
1. Puree half of the pineapple and finely chop the other half.
2. In a pan, combine all the ingredients together with a pineapple juice and 1 cup of water. Cook everything for 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens. Simple, isn't it?
The cheese inside is gooey, chewy, and super delicious. The mint is fresh and summery and the sauce... man, that sauce is just amazing. Sweet, sour, tangy, and a little bit spicy from the pepper. You can serve the meatballs with pasta if you want, but they are so rich that I just decided to serve them with some salad.