Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yummy yams.

   Who doesn't like potato chips? I very rarely eat them, but it doesn't mean I don't like them, it's just because it's not worth all the calories and the guilt that follows. I am a salty-snack-kind-of-girl, so I knew I better come up with a healthy version of it if I don't want to pay a fortune for the angioplasty! So I did. Not only did I switch the cooking method (baking rather than frying), but I also used yams instead of regular potatoes. They are much tastier, prettier, and better for you. Try it for yourself.

*  2 yams
*  cooking spray
*  finely chopped rosemary
*  cumin
*  salt

1. Wash unpeeled yams and pat them dry
2. Using a mandoline slicer cut yams into very thin slices, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet, spray with a cooking spray, sprinkle with rosemary, cumin, and salt
3. Bake at 380F for 15-20 minutes until crisp




   They are definitely different than the store bought chips, maybe not as crunchy, but much more flavorful and healthier. The sweetness of the yams goes great with the warmth of cumin and fragrant piney rosemary. The perfect snack for a marathon of your favorite TV show!

Have fun.
Magda.

2 comments:

  1. What a great recipe, Magda:) Easy to make and surely very delicious. The chips look so festive:) Thank you for sharing, I'll try them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the recipe, let me know how you like the chips! If you are planning to share them with anybody make more because me and my husband almost fought for the last few pieces!
      Good luck!

      Delete