* 1 lb whole grain linguine
* 1 bag of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp flour
* 2 cups fat-free milk
* 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
* pinch of nutmeg
* salt and pepper
* juice of half lime
1. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
2. In a meantime, in a deep skillet melt butter on a medium heat and slowly saute onions and garlic until soft (about 10 minutes). Gently salt the onions, it will help to soften them.
3. Add flour and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add milk, pepper, nutmeg, and lime juice. Cook for 6-7 minutes until sauce thickens.
4. Add spinach and Parmesan cheese and cook for additional 2-3 minutes to warm the spinach up.
5. Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce, mix everything together and get ready to indulge!
It's so creamy and decadent. You have big chunks of spinach in a delicious and cheese sauce, with a hearty pasta wrapped all around it. How can you not feel better after eating this?