The day has come... we have to say goodbye to one of our "Girls-night-in" members, Marta. She is moving back to Europe, and even though we are happy for her new adventures, it's hard to envision our get-togethers without her! Last weekend we had our last "Crazy-ladies-night-in" with all five of us, and as always, there was a lot of food and even more alcohol, finished with a huge bowl of cream puffs! I always try to come up with some new dishes (girls asked me if I am testing my food on them...and yes, they are my control group!) and this time as one of the appetizers I decided to make "fake" flat-bread with rosemary, sesame seeds and sea-salt! Here is how easy it is:
* Pillsbury Classic Pizza Dough
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
* 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
* 1/2 tbsp sea-salt
1. Roll the pizza dough on a greased baking sheet.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil on the top and using a pastry brush distribute it evenly on the dough.
3. Using a fork prick the dough, so it will stay flat without fluffing up (very important step!).
4. Sprinkle with rosemary, sesame seeds and sea-salt and bake at 400F for 15-18 minutes (depending on the package directions) until it's golden brown.
5. Slice it into small squares and it's ready to serve.
How easy was that? It involves almost no work and no ingredients, but trust me, it makes a huge impact. Super simple and super delicious. And yes, you guessed it, we paired it with my favorite drink... mojito! The girls brought gallons of rum and some blackberries so we made beautiful and delicious blackberry mojitos...and we made lots of it!
Have a safe trip Marta,