Saturday, October 6, 2012

Who doesn't love gadgets?

   Recently I got all bunch of fancy kitchen gadgets from my husband, so I had no choice rather than come up with a dish that would require using some of them. I chose two of my favorite things from the pile: a nice and new zester and a "citrus-juice-squeezer" and decided to make a lime chicken with a creamy sauce. Man, I did not know you can get so much juice out of a lime! I always thought I am a strong girl and can squeeze the last drop of juice out of the fruit with my bare hands, but boy was I wrong! This little metal thing is pretty powerful, and I love it! Here is the recipe for my last minute, simple lime chicken (serves 4):

Ingredients:

*  1 chicken breast, cubed
*  2 limes
*  1 large onion, chopped
*  2 tbsp flour
*  1 1/2 cup fat-free milk
*  1 cup fresh chopped parsley
*  pinch of nutmeg
*  1 tsp black pepper
*  salt
*  1 tbsp olive oil

Directions:

1.  In a skillet, heat the olive oil and saute onions until translucent (4-5 min).
2. Add chicken, salt and pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add zest of 2 limes and juice of 1 lime and cook everything until chicken is no longer pink inside (6-7 minutes).
3. Add flour, cook for 2-3 minutes, add milk, nutmeg, mix everything together and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens. Add fresh parsley and serve with rice or pasta.




   Saucy, limy and peppery, that's how you can describe this dish... oh, and fast and easy, too! It's not heavy, it's not too intense, it's just perfect refreshing quick dinner!

Enjoy,
Magda.

No comments:

Post a Comment