We love our dog and our dog loves... peanut butter!!! Every time I open a jar of this creamy goodness his ears stand up like one of NASA's antennas and he stares at it until he almost melts the jar with his laser eyes! Look at him!
How can you resist? No matter how hard you try to ignore the "peanut-butter-stare", you know you will give in sooner or later, and he will get his way! He always gets his way... he wants to go for a walk - we go, he wants to sleep in our bed, taking 80% of the space - he does, he wants to eat Justin's chicken nuggets when nobody is looking - he eats them! And you know what, we don't care! We love him, we spoil him, and we would do anything for him! So to spoil him even more, I made crunchy peanut butter dogy treats, so he can enjoy his own guilty pleasure! Here is the recipe:
* 1 cup wheat germ
* 3 cups whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup oats
* 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
* 3 tbsp canola oil
* 1 egg
* 1 cup water
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and using your hands knead the dough until no longer sticky.
2. Divide in half and then on a lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters and bake at 300F for 40 minutes.
4. Turn off the oven and leave biscuits inside until crunchy for at least 1 hour.
5. Store in a sealed container.
Hmm, how am I going to describe the taste? Well, I just had to try a piece. If you ask me, a little bit tasteless and bland, but if you ask Spikey he would say: "freaking delicious"!!! I though he would bite my fingers off, he couldn't wait to sink his teeth in those peanut butter goodies!