Thanksgiving!!! I was waiting for the entire year! I know it sounds silly from somebody who started celebrating this American holiday only a few years ago, but thanks to my new family I felt in love with this day at first sight (and first taste)! My mother-in-law is an excellent cook and Thanksgiving is the perfect day to showcase her talent! Every single thing she makes is rich, delicious, comforting, and very satisfying! Oh, I can't wait for tomorrow!!! To make the "waiting" less painful I usually make the cranberry sauce a few days earlier and we eat it with everything we can, just to "prep" ourselves for the Thanksgiving feast. The recipe couldn't be easier:
* 2 bags fresh cranberries (12oz each)
* 4 oranges
* 4-6 tbsp white sugar
1. Place washed cranberries in a pot. Add a little bit of water, just enough to cover the bottom of a pot (about half an inch).
2. Cut skin off the oranges and using a small knife cut out the segments of citrus flesh.
3. Add 4 tbsp of sugar, bring to boil and cook for 5-6 minutes untill all the berries open up.
4. Depending on how sweet you like your cranberry sauce to be add more sugar, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Turn off the stove and let it cool. It will thicken as it cools and it's just perfect every time!
Sweet and tangy! Perfect with turkey or pork, or just toast! You can make it any time of the year, but it will never taste as good as at the end of November!
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!