* large can (30oz) pure pumpkin puree
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
* 1 tbsp curry powder
* 2 vegetable bullion cubes
* 3 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* salt and pepper
* pumpkin seeds for garnish
1. In a skillet, melt butter and saute onions until softened (5-6 minutes). Add ginger, salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
2. Transfer onions into a small blender, add 1/2 cup water and blend everything until perfectly smooth.
3. In a large pot, mix together pumpkin puree, curry powder, bullion cubes and water (into desired consistency), and cook everything for about 5 minutes.
4. Add blended onions and lemon juice, season with more salt and pepper if needed and cook everything for 10 more minutes.
5. Serve garnished with pumpkin seeds!
I eat it for lunch, for dinner, as a starter, as a main dish, with sandwich or by itself, at the table, on the couch, sitting, standing... you got the idea how much I like it. Try it, I'm sure you will enjoy it too!