We love Mexican food! There is something special about the spice blend and flavors of this cuisine that just makes it super addictive. Mexican restaurants are, next to Chinese take-outs, one of our favorite "go-to" places when we are craving something "bad". I mean what's not to like, great prices, great flavors and big portions! Oh and lets not forget about a bucket (or two) of tortilla chips and salsa! And those chips are exactly the reason why we try to avoid going out there too often, they just awake the animal instincts in us! So to avoid chips chow down, I make my own version of "Mexican" enchiladas... at least nobody sees how many of them we can eat :)). Here is the recipe:
* 20 corn tortillas
* 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
* 2 cups cooked rice
* 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
* 2 10oz cans enchilada sauce
* 1 package McCormick enchilada spice
* 1 cup shredded cheese
1. In a bowl, combine chicken, rice, black beans, cilantro and enchilada spice.
2. Cover the bottom of a baking dish with 1 can of enchilada sauce.
3. Warm corn tortillas in a microwave so they wont crack.
4. Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Roll the
tortilla tightly and place seam-side down in the baking dish.
5. Pack all enchiladas tightly next to each other, cover with the remaining sauce, sprinkle with cheese and bake in 350F for 20 minutes.
Such an easy, fast and delicious dish. If you like your food spicy you can add some hot sauce and serve it with some sour cream... perfect combination!