Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bacon egg and cheese please!

   Haven't posted a breakfast recipe in a while, have I? One of my favorite "breakfast-to-go" items is bacon, egg and cheese sandwiche made with a whole grain English muffin! I could actually eat it all day, all year around and probably I wouldn't get bored with it! Sometimes, when I crave it really, really bad I just stop by some fast-food place (don't judge me!) before work and get it. To save time, money, and calories I decided to make my own at home, portion it, and enjoy it every day at work! Here is the recipe (makes 10 servings):

Ingredients:

*  12 oz smoked bacon
*  10 eggs
*  1 cup skim milk
*  1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
*  2 tbsp flour
*  salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Cut bacon into small pieces and crisp in a pan for about 10 minutes. Transfer onto a paper towel to drain the grease and let it cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, and pepper. Add cooled bacon, transfer into a greased baking dish and bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
3. Cut into squares, portion, and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Serve with a whole grain English muffin and some ketchup if you like it!




   There is absolutely nothing better in the morning than a delicious egg sandwich. I don't know if you noticed, but I used a real bacon this time. I decided to try it out and I have to be honest, it tastes the same as turkey bacon to me (which has fewer calories), but it's your call.

Enjoy,
Magda.

2 comments:

  1. When does the cheese get added?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make this all the time with leftovers ! It's delicious !

    ratedkb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete