Already sounds delicious, does it? Justin and I are big fans of cheese, the sharper and "stinkier", the better. Actually every time we plan a romantic date at home, we end up buying a few different cheeses, crackers and grapes, open a bottle of wine and that's all we need! Well, this weekend we had similar plans... doing nothing, sipping wine and eating cheese, but unfortunately a nasty flu changed our plans and we ended up sitting on the couch, sneezing, coughing and sipping cough sirup instead of wine! But since I already had a beautiful piece of Gorgonzola cheese in the fridge I decided to turn a sexy cheese and crackers dinner into a bowl of fattening, comforting and "medicinal" (don't quote me on that) bowl of saucy pasta with walnuts. We already feel better! Here is the recipe (serves 4-6):
* 1 lb ziti pasta
* 5-6oz Gorgonzola cheese
* 2 cups heavy cream (hey, we are sick, we need comfort!)
* 1 cup Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
* 2 tbsp butter
* salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, melt butter, add Gorgonzola cheese and break it with the spoon until it melts. Add heavy cream and pinch of pepper, bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes until sauce thickens.
2. Add Parmesan cheese and walnuts, and mix everything together.
3. Boil pasta in salted water and drain it reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
4. Add pasta to the sauce, mix together and, if needed, add a little bit of reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce.
Creamy, saucy and cheesy! Delicious silky pasta with a perfect crunch from the walnuts. If you need a "pick-me-up" dish, that might be your solution!