One of my very good friends developed a small addiction ... every day we go for coffee he can't help buying a white chocolate and macadamia nut cookie (or two). Every day he says he is not getting any, and then we walk by a cookie stand and somehow he ends up with one in his hand. I can't blame him, though... those are my favorite cookies as well. It just happens that it's his birthday the day after Xmas and I came up with the best birthday gift that man could wish for (besides a super duper fancy camera, but I can't afford to buy him that!). You know what it is, right? Macadamia nut and white chocolate cookies! Here is the recipe (makes 2 dozen):
* 2 sticks butter, softened
* 3/4 cup light brown sugar
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 eggs
* 2 1/3 cups flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract until fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Add macadamia nuts and chocolate chips, mix with the wooden spoon to combine.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, drop dough on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Do not bake longer then 10 minutes, to make sure cookies are soft and gooey.
I absolutely agree with my friend that these are the best cookies in the entire word! Gooey and crunchy, sweet and salty... delicious! What could be a better birthday gift for a cookie lover than a box of homemade cookies?
Happy Birthday Chris,