Saturday, May 4, 2013

Egg sandwich reconstructed!

   I have posted many recipes for breakfast dishes so far, but that doesn't mean that I will stop creating new ones. It's one of my favorite meals in the entire world (probably due to my addiction to eggs) and I am constantly experimenting with new things. I especially love weekend breakfasts because not only Justin makes the best eggs Benedict ever, but also because I always get breakfast in bed with a cup of hot green tea. Weekend breakfasts are always Justin's creations, but during the weekdays I am responsible for it and since we eat it at work it has to be something that is easily transported and won't lose it's deliciousness! Egg muffins... that is my answer - you can make it one night, pre-pack it, and grab them as you heading out the door. Recipe makes 6.

Ingredients:

*  8 eggs
*  3 whole wheat kaiser rolls, cubed
*  1 1/2 cup skim milk
*  1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
*  2 medium tomatoes, diced
*  1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
*  1 tbsp curry powder
*  2 tbsp flour
*  2 tbsp honey mustard
*  salt and pepper

Directions:

1. In a large bowl whisk eggs together with milk, curry powder, flour, honey mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, parsley, and cubed bread. Mix gently to combine.
3. Transfer into 6 greased ramekins, top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
4. Let them cool slightly before removing from the ramekins and enjoy your breakfast.




   Egg sandwich reconstructed. You have bread, eggs, cheese, and tomatoes... and no need to make it fresh every day...or spend money on breakfast sandwiches. I love these kind of dishes. As always, you can change up the recipe and add or subtract things you want. I think next week I will substitute tomatoes with mushrooms... that sounds delicious!

Good luck,
Magda

1 comment: