We loved our last veggie burgers so much that I decided to make some more. It's a perfect dish for a busy week - it doesn't take long to make, and you can make a bunch of them and enjoy it for few days with different condiments. This time I decided to use cannellini beans instead of black beans and add some corn and roasted bell pepper for extra flavor. I have to admit that they came out pretty delicious. Remember the pickled onions from my last post about fish tacos? They are a great additions to these burgers. Here is the recipe, serves 12:
* 1 cup quinoa
* 1 1/2 cup oats
* 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
* 1 jar roasted bell peppers
* 2 15oz cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
* 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
* 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
* 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
* 1/2 cup chia seeds
* 1/2 cup oat bran
* 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
* salt and pepper
1. Cook quinoa in salted water (20 minutes), drain and set aside.
2. Drain roasted bell peppers and blend them in a blender until smooth. Add flax and chia seeds with 1/2 cup of water and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, smash cannellini beans with potato masher and add corn, oats, parsley, basil, oat bran,, peppers/chia/flax mixture, and all the spices.
4. Mix everything to combine, form 12 patties, and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes and bake at 375F for 15 minutes on each side.
5. Using your favorite burger fixings create a sandwich and enjoy.
They are really hearty! If you are looking for something healthy and satisfying, that's your dish. You can customize them by adding your own ingredients and I'm sure they will be good no matter what. I really recommend them to all my health conscious (and not only) followers.