Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Recipe swap.

   This is a dish that I made long time ago (before the vegetarian approach) and I never had a chance to post it. It's so simple and delicious that I think everybody who eats meat should try it at least once... I promise you won't be disappointed! Me and my friend Shannon always share and swap recipes and ideas for some great family meals. Recently she bought a "Flat Belly Cookbook" and she tried out few of their recipes and liked them a lot. One of them, an Indian chicken with a cilantro and cashew sauce, sounded like something I would love, so I decided to try it as well. Quick, easy, healthy and delicious. Only a few ingredients, but lots of flavor, I'm sure you will like it. The recipe serves 4:

Ingredients:

*  1 lb chicken breast, cut into long thin strips
*  1 cup cilantro (packed)
*  1/2 cup cashew nuts
*  1 cup chicken broth
*  salt and pepper
*  juice of 1 lime

*  rice

Directions:

1. Place cilantro, cashews and chicken broth into a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer into a skillet and start cooking. When the sauce is boiling, add chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes until chicken is completely cooked. If the sauce is too thick add more chicken broth or water.
3. Season with salt and pepper, add lime juice and serve with rice.




   Smooth, creamy, light sauce paired with lean chicken is a great combination. You can also add red pepper flakes if you like some heat, but since I'm not a heat fanatic I decided to skip them all together. I think it might be one of my favorite quick chicken dishes... Justin loved it too.

Enjoy,
Magda.

2 comments:

  1. Yummmm. Have made this a couple times now; simple to make, huge in flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has become one of my all time favorites for lunch @ work! Delicious, easy and healthy. And did I mention delicious?? ;) Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete