Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Something from nothing!

   I just created an absolutely perfect dish for everybody who loves comfort food but is watching their calories/staying healthy/doesn't want to feel guilty (circle whatever applies, don't be shy, I circled all of them!). I came home from work without any idea what I am going to cook for dinner, but I knew I wanted something flavorful, fresh, juicy, and satisfying. I opened the fridge, saw the broccoli and cooked chicken breast and... and I had a vision. I will be honest, I have no desire to be modest about that and I will openly admit that the dish I created is genius! Here is what you need:
2 cups of fresh broccoli,
2 cups of broccoli cole slaw mix (comes in a bag),
1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed,
olive oil,
fresh dill,
salt, lemon pepper and powdered ginger.

   Blanch the broccoli for 2-3 minutes, drain the water, and set aside. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pretty high temperature, add the raw broccoli slaw, and saute for about 5 min. Add cubed chicken breast, blanched broccoli, dill, salt, pepper, and a pinch of powdered ginger, and saute some more. I don't stir it too often to allow the veggies to brown a little bit in a pan, it gives them an unbelievable flavor.




   I wish you could smell that. Probably broccoli is not most famous for its wonderful smell but when you add ginger and some dill it gives an amazing aroma. I think we can all agree that this dish is similar to our beloved stir fry but without all the calories, grease, and artificial ingredients! If you are a veggie lover, you will love this!

Good luck.
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment